Robotic surgery, or the da Vinci Robotic Surgery system, is the most advanced technology that surgical methods have reached.
Contrary to popular belief, the operation is not performed by robots, but by robotic arms directed by the surgeon. In robotic surgery, the da Vinci robot consists of three parts, the surgeon’s console and the patient’s console. Commands given from the surgeon’s console are simultaneously transferred to the da Vinci robot on the patient’s console.As in the laparoscopic surgery method, a small incision is made on the patient’s skin in robotic surgery.
Robotic Surgery in Urology
Robotic Surgery in Gynecology
Robotic Surgery in General Surgery
Robotic Surgery in Cardiovascular Surgery
Robotic Surgery in Otolaryngology
What are the Advantages of Robotic Surgery?
- It does not require large incisions as in open surgeries
- Due to the small incision area, the risk of infection is low.
- The surgeon’s vision is extremely clear and can magnify the resulting image up to 10 times without distortion.
- Since vessels and nerves are displayed in detail, the risk of damage to these structures is reduced.
- After the operation, intestinal activities return to normal much faster.
- After the operation, the patient’s nutrition is restored more quickly.
- The patient’s return to daily life is much faster compared to open surgery.